My name is Craig Ablett - Managing Director and Health & Safety Consultant at Consulo Health & Safety Ltd, I am a focused, enthusiastic Health & Safety professional with the ability to adapt to a fast-paced environment to meet safety critical needs. I develop and deliver bespoke training packages to suit the needs of your business. I see Health and Safety as a tool to improve a business, not hold it back, I ensure any plans/projects have a positive commercial outlook where possible.
Consulo Health & Safety Ltd is a consultancy dealing with all general Health & Safety issues in a variety of industries.
Key Industry sectors
• Construction – including Asbestos
• Mechanical / Engineering
• General office environments
Skills, Accreditations and Experience
- NEBOSH Qualified
- Continuous Professional Development
- AAT – Asbestos Awareness Training
- IOSH – Tech Member
- ILM - Work Place Coaching
- Risk Assessment and Emergency Planning (including Disaster recovery and business continuity planning)
- Internal Auditing Accreditation OHAS 18001.
- Working knowledge of ISO9001 and ISO14001
- Communication skills across all levels within a business
- Communicating with external regulatory bodies such as the HSE, EA, Fire Service.
- Creating and implementing behavioural based safety within an organisation
- Inspiring culture change and embedding Health & Safety into the heart of a business
- Creating a new approach to Health and Safety through engagement with employees at all levels with a can-do attitude. Working with legal and moral duties to ensure business does not stop because of “Health & Safety”.
- Leading change in Health and Safety best practice and approach within a fast paced business.
- Creation of Company Health and Safety document suite to meet the needs of the business and its employees whilst ensuring legal, moral and financial obligations are met.
- Complete overhaul of risk assessments and accompanying safe systems of work to allow employees to gain understanding.
- Creation and maintenance of COSHH Assessments for items including cleaning of LEV systems, Weld Fume, handling and use of lubrication/cutting oils (both as mist and fluid).
- Chairing Health and Safety Committee meetings at both Director and Employee levels, providing a fun and engaging atmosphere that allows best practice sharing and a platform for problem sharing and resolution.
- Creation, maintenance and recording of near miss and accident reports to highlight areas of improvement and endorsement of best practice and to ensure that repeat near miss and accidents do not happen.
- Designing and delivering site induction training for all new employees (including young apprentices) and contractors alike to ensure compliance with site safety rules.
- Completing Internal audit and safety inspections to gain compliance with safe working practices with the multiple work environments
- Creation of toolbox talks and safety alerts.
- Non-compliance rectification on items relating to Weld Fume, Oil/water based cutting fluid mist, Hand Arm Vibration and Acid concentrations.
- Overseeing asbestos related works, including removal and surveying
- Permit to Work issuing where required for maintenance works.
- DSE training and assessments
- Bespoke Manual Handling training.
- Construction Phase Plans.